Terms and Conditions
How we work
1. All work produced by both PenMaestro’s Calligraphy division and Viva Design division is designed and produced specifically for the client and the project in hand.
2. Handwriting and calligraphic services may be commissioned by phone, online or in person.
3. We will prepare a quote or estimate of our fees, the agreed deadline or expected time to completion and the method and cost of delivery. On acceptance of these quotes or estimates.
4. For Viva Design projects we prefer a meeting in person to discuss all the aspects of the intended items.
5. We will prepare briefing notes from the meeting and discussions, and an estimate of our fees for the design and artwork and any ancillary services (such as photography, sourcing of stock photos or illustrations etc.)
6. When all the details are agreed, we require payment of half of the fees before we start work.
7. Please note that some projects require a certain amount of planning and preparatory work to enable us to prepare the quote and timetables. The costs of this work will already be included in our estimated fees.
8. Any requested corrections to the work we produce will be free of charge.
9. Minor requested changes to the design or the copy will also be free of charge.
10. Major changes requiring re-laying the draft may incur extra fees, which we will notify as soon as this work is discussed and agreed.
11. Any changes to the artwork prepared electronically may incur further charges, as above.
12. We offer a print-buying service in which we prepare a full specification and obtain competitive quotes from two or more printers. We then commission the print on your behalf, supply the finished, print-ready artwork directly to the chosen printer and check the electronic or printed proofs. The invoices for your print are passed on directly to you, so that you can claim any VAT, and be assured that you are only paying the quoted price. For this service, we charge a fee, which will be quoted when the specification and print quantities are known.
13. Copyright on all work produced by PenMaestro remains our property until all fees and charges have been paid in full.